Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Montville in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Johannes Parlaman House

 
 
Johannes Parlaman House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, December 8, 2015
1. Johannes Parlaman House Marker
Inscription.  Parlaman family, early Dutch Settlers, acquired property 1737. A Parlaman Homestead over 200 years. West section circa 1755. East Section circa 1780. Frame addition circa 1829.
 
Erected 1975 by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureColonial EraSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1737.
 
Location. 40° 54.098′ N, 74° 22.805′ W. Marker is in Montville, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Vreeland Ave. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16 Vreeland Ave, Montville NJ 07045, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Miller-Kingsland House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lathrop Manson (approx. 0.9 miles away); Montville School (approx. one mile away); Everett E. Hatcher (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Mayors Park (approx. 1.3 miles away); Morris Canal (approx. 1.3 miles away); Boonton Railroad Station (approx. 1.4 miles away); Charles F. Hopkins (approx. 1.4 miles away).
 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Johannes Parlaman House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, December 8, 2015
2. Johannes Parlaman House
Johannes Parlaman House-side view image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, December 8, 2015
3. Johannes Parlaman House-side view
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 388 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 14, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91570

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jun. 17, 2024