Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Church Hill in Hawkins County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Patterson's Mill

 
 
Patterson's Mill Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, December 26, 2015
1. Patterson's Mill Marker
Inscription.  On the site of this mill, Robert Patterson build a fort about 1775, shortly thereafter a mill. It was one of two stations at which the settlers took refuge during the Cherokee raid under The Raven in 1776.
 
Erected by Tennesse Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1B 14.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraNative AmericansSettlements & SettlersWar, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1775.
 
Location. 36° 31.104′ N, 82° 42.987′ W. Marker is in Church Hill, Tennessee, in Hawkins County. Marker is on Lee Highway (U.S. 11W) 0.2 miles east of Goshen Valley Road / Old Main Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Church Hill TN 37642, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Carter's Store (approx. ¾ mile away); Rice's Mill (approx. 1.6 miles away); First Settlers (approx. 3.2 miles away); Gov. McMinn’s Home
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 4.2 miles away); The Great Indian Warpath (approx. 5.9 miles away); New Providence Church (approx. 6.1 miles away); Maxwell Academy (approx. 6.1 miles away); Battle of Kingsport (approx. 6.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Church Hill.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 15, 2017. It was originally submitted on December 30, 2015, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 840 times since then and 69 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on December 30, 2015, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91886

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 23, 2024