The Three Chimneys
The site was part of a 20,000-acre grant awarded to Richard Oswald by King George III in 1764 for the production of sugar, rum and indigo.
Originally known as the Swamp Settlement, it consisted of over 300 cleared acres and included outbuildings, an overseer's house, grain houses, a sugar house, distillery works, and a sugar mill.
Erected 2012 by National Society Daughters of the American Colonists, project of the 2009-2012 administration Georgia C. Holder, National President, Patricia G. Roberts, Florida State Regent.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1760.
Location. 29° 16.734′ N, 81° 4.54′ W. Marker is in Ormond Beach, Florida
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named The Three Chimneys (a few steps from this marker); Old Kings Road (approx. 0.3 miles away); Confederate States of America Veterans at Rest Here (approx. 0.4 miles away); Vietnam Veterans (approx. one mile away); Joseph Downing Price (approx. 1.3 miles away); John Andrew Bostrom (approx. 1.3 miles away); Anderson-Price Memorial Library (approx. 1.3 miles away); Ormond Men (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ormond Beach.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 26, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 339 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2016, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.