In Memory of "Wausaunia" Rebecca Kellogg Ashley
Interpreter for the Indians at the "Old Fort," a mission station in charge of Rev. Gideon Hawley in 1748.
Erected 1909 by Tuscarora Chapter, D.A.R.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Forts or Castles • Native Americans. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 42° 6.082′ N, 75° 38.066′ W. Marker is in Windsor, New York, in Broome County. Marker is on Fordway Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Windsor NY 13865, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sage Creek (approx. 1˝ miles away); History of Old Onaquaga Valley (approx. 1.7 miles away); Ouaquaga Bridge (approx. 1.7 miles away); Windsor (approx. 1.8 miles away); Reticulated Giraffe (approx. 4.1 miles away);
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 9, 2016, by Scott J. Payne of Deposit, New York. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 9, 2016, by Scott J. Payne of Deposit, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.