Vicksburg in Warren County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Built 1834. Housed Vicksburg branch, Planters’ Bank of Mississippi until 1842. Occupied by officers of 28th Louisiana Reg. during Vicksburg siege. Acquired by Vicksburg Council of Garden Clubs, Inc., 1956.
Erected 1973 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 32° 21.228′ N, 90° 52.755′ W. Marker is in Vicksburg, Mississippi, in Warren County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Monroe Street, on the right when traveling east on Main Street. Marker is located at northeast corner of red brick building referenced. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 822 Main Street, Vicksburg MS 39183, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Vicksburg's First Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Women of Influence (within shouting distance of this marker); Bethel A.M.E. Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Governor "Turkey Runner" Strong in Faith (about 400 feet away); Prince Hall Masonry Founded in Mississippi (about 400 feet away); Main and Cherry (about 400 feet away); Remarkable Orator (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Vicksburg.
Regarding Planters' Hall. Planters' Hall construction is of solid 19" brick walls.
Also see . . . Planters Hall.
Planters Hall in Vicksburg, Mississippi was built in 1834. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1971. The boundaries of the listing were increased in 1988 to include an 1854-built secondary structure classified as an animal facility (Submitted on October 2, 2016, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Planters' Hall.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 3, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2016, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 257 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 2, 2016, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.