San Miguel de Allende in Municipality of Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico — The Central Highlands
The First Spanish Prisoners
16 de septiembre de 1810.
Here were held
the first Spanish prisoners
September 16, 1810
Erected by Sociedad de Amigos de San Miguel.
Location. 20° 54.965′ N, 100° 44.483′ W. Marker is in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, in Municipality of Allende. Memorial can be reached from Calle Colegio just north of Calle Mesones, on the left. The markers are on the facade of the Colegio de San Francisco Sales (College of Saint Francis of Sales), just north of the Plaza Cívica. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato 37700, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. House of Pedro Vargas (within shouting distance of this marker); Tellez Delgado Gas Pump (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Doctor Juan Antonio Pérez de Espinosa (about 90 meters away); Luis Neri de Alfaro y Velázquez (about 120 meters away); The Remains of the Insurgents Tribute to the Battle of Puebla (about 150 meters away); Saint Francis Religious Ensemble (about 150 meters away); Saint Francis de Sales College (about 180 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Miguel de Allende.
Regarding The First Spanish Prisoners. The marker refers to the first hours of the Mexican War of Independence and that Spanish loyalists were jailed here by the insurgents.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Wars, Non-US •
More. Search the internet for The First Spanish Prisoners.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2017. This page originally submitted on October 13, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 168 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on October 13, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 2. submitted on October 14, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 3. submitted on October 13, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 4. submitted on October 14, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.