The Ramsey/Paxton Cemetery
Captain John Ramsey (1764-1847), son-in-law of
Col. Paxton, was a Revolutionary War Soldier and an
early settler in Miami Township. Captain Ramsey
was considered a proficient hunter even though
his leg was amputated as a result of carrying out
Erected by Clermont CountyBi-Centennial Commission.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 39° 15.5′ N, 84° 14.651′ W. Marker was in Loveland, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker was on Oakland Rd (Ohio Route 48), on the right when traveling east. Marker was on the south side of the road, just west of Bares Run. The site is about 1/2 mile straight north
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. White Pillars (approx. ¼ mile away); Clermont County Bicentennial Marker (approx. one mile away); The Little Miami Railroad (approx. one mile away); 25th Anniversary (approx. 1.1 miles away); Butterworth Station / Butterworth Family Contributions (approx. 3.2 miles away); Jeremiah Morrow's Barn (approx. 3½ miles away); a different marker also named Little Miami Railroad (approx. 4.2 miles away); Miamiville (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Loveland.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for The Ramsey/Paxton Cemetery.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 10, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 212 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 7, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.