Santiago Querétaro in Municipality of Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
Chapel of Saint Gregory
Durante el memorable Sitio de Querétaro, en 1867, aquí se verificó uno de los mas importantes hechos de armas.
El conjunto está formado por un calvario y dos capillas. La más pequeña, que es la primitiva, está orientada de norte a sur y data del siglo XVII. La segunda capilla, de mayores dimensiones, fue fabricada en el siglo XVIII y se ubica al poniente del conjunto, con la misma orientación.
During the memorable siege of Queretaro, back in 1867, this place witnessed one of the most important armed events.
A Calvary and two chapels comprise the complex. The smallest, which was the first, is oriented from north to south and dates from the XVII Century. The second chapel, the biggest, was build (sic) in the XVIII Century, and is located to the west of the complex, with the same orientation.
Location. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Querétaro Railroad Station (approx. 1.1 kilometers away); Site of the Surrender of Maximilian (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); Verdolagas Fountain (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); Hill of the Bells (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); Félix Nabor Osores de Sotomayor García (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); General Mariano Escobedo (approx. 1.3 kilometers away); a different marker also named The Hill of the Bells (approx. 1.4 kilometers away); The Chapel of La Piedad (approx. 1.4 kilometers away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Wars, Non-US •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 4, 2017. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 76 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 3, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 7, 8. submitted on September 4, 2017, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.