Lorton in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1934 by Conservation & Development Commission. (Marker Number E 72.)
Location. 38° 42.545′ N, 77° 11.591′ W. Marker is in Lorton, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Marker is at the intersection of Richmond Highway (U.S. 1) and Telegraph Road and Old Colchester Road (County Route 611), on the left when traveling south on Richmond Highway. Touch for map. County Route 611 changes name at this intersection from Telegraph Road to Old Colchester Road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9301 Richmond Highway, Lorton VA 22079, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Telegraph Line (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Pohick Church (here, next to this marker); The Herris Stone (within shouting distance Wagener (within shouting distance of this marker); Noman Monroe Cole, Jr. (approx. 0.9 miles away); Lorton Station (approx. 1.2 miles away); Joseph W. Jordan (approx. 1.2 miles away); Mount Air Historic Site (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lorton.
Also see . . .
1. History of Pohick Church. From the church's website. (Submitted on March 25, 2006.)
2. The History of Truro Parish in Virginia. By Rev. Philip Slaughter, D.D. Edited with notes and addenda by Rev. Edward L. Goodwin Historiographer of the Diocese of Virginia Published by George W. Jacobs & Company, Publishers, Philadelphia, 1907. (Submitted on March 25, 2006.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches, Etc. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 25, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,739 times since then and 161 times this year. Last updated on November 22, 2008. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 25, 2006, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. 7. submitted on October 25, 2014, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.