Fremont in Sandusky County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1971 by the Sandusky County Historical Society.
Location. 41° 19.287′ N, 83° 9.243′ W. Marker is in Fremont, Ohio, in Sandusky County. Marker is on South River Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2139 South River Road, Fremont OH 43420, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ballís Battlefield (approx. 0.7 miles away); Sandusky-Scioto Trail (approx. 1.5 miles away); Harrison Trail (approx. 1.7 miles away); Soldiers Memorial Parkway of Sandusky County (approx. 1.7 miles away); Cleveland Gateway (approx. 1.7 miles away); Colonel Webb C. Hayes, M.H. Maj. Geníl. James B. McPherson (approx. 1.8 miles away); Captain Samuel Thomson (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fremont.
More about this marker. This marker is located just south of present day Fremont (and of what was once the site of Fort Stephenson), near the west bank of the historic Sandusky River.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • War of 1812 • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,047 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 22, 2009, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.