Hague in Westmoreland County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Burnt House Field
Erected 1966 by The Society of the Lees of Virginia.
Location. 38° 4.207′ N, 76° 38.804′ W. Marker is in Hague, Virginia, in Westmoreland County. Marker is at the intersection of Cople Highway (Virginia Route 202) and Coles Point Road (County Route 612), on the right when traveling east on Cople Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hague VA 22469, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Richard Henry Lee’s Grave (a few steps from this marker); Lee Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Zion Baptist Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Nomini Hall (approx. 2 miles away); Yeocomico Church (approx. 2.2 miles away); Washington’s Mother McCoy Revolutionary Soldiers (approx. 2.3 miles away); War of 1812 (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hague.
Regarding The Burnt House Field. The Burnt House Field is the former site of Thomas Lee’s Machotick, or Machodoc, Plantation. Shortly after it burned he began construction of Stratford Hall, nearby.
Categories. • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 12, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 2,538 times since then and 172 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2009, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of the Burnt House Field and graveyard • Can you help?