Pikesville in Baltimore County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Old Court Road
Erected 1934 by State Roads Commission of Maryland.
Location. 39° 22.628′ N, 76° 43.529′ W. Marker is in Pikesville, Maryland, in Baltimore County. Marker is on Reisterstown Road (Maryland Route 140) 0.1 miles south of Old Court Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pikesville MD 21208, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old United States Arsenal (approx. 0.2 miles away); Sudbrook Park (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Garrison Fort (approx. 1.8 miles away); Trentham (approx. 2 miles away); Carroll Hunting Lodge (approx. 2.9 miles away); First Boy Scout Armory (approx. 3.4 miles away); Rockland (approx. 3½ miles away); Garrison Forest Church (approx. 3½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pikesville.
Also see . . . Oldton's Company of Baltimore Rangers. This is the site of some reenactors that portray the rangers that patrolled, widened and marked the indian trails that would become Old Court Road. (Submitted on October 10, 2007, by John Machate of Columbia, Maryland.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,719 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on September 3, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?