Oglethorpe in Macon County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 096-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 17.55′ N, 84° 3.771′ W. Marker is in Oglethorpe, Georgia, in Macon County. Marker is at the intersection of Chatham Street (Georgia Route 49) and N. Randolph Street, on the right when traveling south on Chatham Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oglethorpe GA 31068, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lumpkin Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mt. Zion Lutheran Church The Raiders' Graves (approx. 7.4 miles away); National Prisoner of War Museum (approx. 7.5 miles away); The Battling Bastards of Bataan (approx. 7.6 miles away); Memorial to POW’s at Hiroshima Japan (approx. 7.6 miles away); Memorial to American Former Prisoners of War Stalag XVII-B (approx. 7.6 miles away); This Was Andersonville (approx. 7.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oglethorpe.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 4, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 700 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 4, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.