Nacogdoches in Nacogdoches County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
La Calle Real del Norte
Erected 1936 by The State of Texas. (Marker Number 9281.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 36.653′ N, 94° 39.227′ W. Marker is in Nacogdoches, Texas, in Nacogdoches County. Marker is at the intersection of North Street and Powers Street, on the left when traveling north on North Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 821 North Street, Nacogdoches TX 75961, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of the Home of Juan Antonio Padilla (a few steps from this marker); Westminster Presbyterian Church (a few steps from this marker); Site of the Mission Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Charles S. Taylor (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ancient Mound Durst-Taylor House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Site of the home of James Dill (approx. 0.4 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Nacogdoches (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Nacogdoches.
Categories. • Exploration • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 803 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. 3. submitted on April 26, 2010, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.