Canton in Norfolk County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 11.932′ N, 71° 7.152′ W. Marker is in Canton, Massachusetts, in Norfolk County. Marker is on Washington Street (Massachusetts Route 138). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2496 Washington Street, Canton MA 02021, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 54th Infantry - 55th Infantry - 5th Cavalry (approx. 2.6 miles away); Canton Viaduct (approx. 3.3 miles away); Birthplace of U.S. Copper Industry (approx. 3.4 miles away); Fairbanks House (approx. 4 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 4.2 miles away); Dedham (approx. 4.3 miles away); The Powder House (approx. 4.8 miles away); Dedham Boat Club (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
Also see . . . Historical Markers Erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on May 9, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • War, French and Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 9, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 667 times since then and 47 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on May 9, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.