Near Baraboo in Sauk County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Man Mound was first surveyed in 1859 by Wm. H. Canfield. The lower extremities were cut off by road construction before the park was established in 1908. Another Man Mound, near LaValle, was destroyed some years ago.
Erected 1969 by Sauk County Conservation Committee. (Marker Number Site 4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Historic Landmarks marker series.
Location. 43° 29.319′ N, 89° 40.267′ W. Marker is near Baraboo, Wisconsin, in Sauk County. Marker can be reached from Man Mound Road half a mile east of Trapp Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located in Man Mound Park 4 miles NE of Baraboo. Marker is in this post office area: Baraboo WI 53913, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Lower Narrows (approx. 2.1 miles away); Indian Mounds and Village (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Ringling Brothers of Baraboo (approx. 3.6 miles away); Thompson House Hotel (approx. 3.8 miles away); World War I Memorial (approx. 3.8 miles away); Sauk County Civil War Monument (approx. 3.8 miles away); The Ringling Bros. and Baraboo, Wisconsin Circus Heritage (approx. 3.8 miles away); Baraboo River (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Baraboo.
Also see . . . Man Mound Park. Sauk County Historical Society (Submitted on July 29, 2012, by Allen of Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Anthropology • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2012, by Allen of Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 403 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on July 29, 2012, by Allen of Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide shot of marker and its surroundings • Can you help?