Stafford in Stafford County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Katherine Harwood Waller Barrett
(1857 - 1925)
Erected 2008 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number E-135.)
Location. 38° 28.234′ N, 77° 20.274′ W. Marker is in Stafford, Virginia, in Stafford County. Marker is on Widewater Road (County Route 611) 0 miles east of Decatur Rd (County Route 635), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. In front of Widewater Fire & Rescue station. Marker is at or near this postal address: 749 Widewater Rd, Stafford VA 22554, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow Oak Grove Baptist Church (approx. 1.2 miles away); Bradley Clinic (approx. 2.2 miles away); Taylor Hall (approx. 2.3 miles away); Yeckel Hall (approx. 2.3 miles away); Transporting the Stone (approx. 2.7 miles away); Quarrying the Stone (approx. 2.7 miles away); Island Ownership (approx. 2.7 miles away); Native American Presence (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stafford.
More about this marker. The marker was approved in 2008. However, it was not installed until 2012. The dedication and unveiling ceremony was held October 27, 2012.
Regarding Katherine Harwood Waller Barrett. Clifton, her family home, is located on the Potomac River, a short drive east along Route 611. The home is private and not viewable from public roads.
Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School located at 150 Duffey Dr. Stafford, VA 22556 was built in 2002.
There is also a Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School in Arlington County, VA.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 28, 2013, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 278 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 28, 2013, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. 3, 4. submitted on August 2, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.