Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Orangeburg in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Clausland Cemetery

 
 
Clausland Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
The Historical Society of Rockland County, circa 2010
1. Clausland Cemetery Marker
Inscription. Burial grounds used by the first settlers of this northern part of the Tappan Patent, among them the Smith and Blauvelt families. The earliest of 216 recorded graves is 1744 but prior interments were made. There are 14 Revolutionary War soldiers and 8 from the War of 1812 buried here.
 
Erected by The Historical Society of Rockland County.
 
Location. 41° 3.079′ N, 73° 56.687′ W. Marker is in Orangeburg, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is on Greenbush Rd. just north of Mountainview Ave.. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Orangeburg NY 10962, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Orangeburg World War I Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Orangeburg World War II Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Shanks Village (approx. 0.7 miles away); Johannes J. Blauvelt Homestead (approx. 0.7 miles away); Jacob J. Blauvelt Homestead (approx. mile away); 914 Sound Recording Studios (approx. one mile away); John Charles Fremont (approx. one mile away); a different marker also named John Charles Fremont (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Orangeburg.
 
More about this marker. World-Wide Volkswagen Corp., sponsor
 
Categories. Cemeteries & Burial SitesColonial EraWar of 1812War, US Revolutionary
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 3, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. This page has been viewed 321 times since then and 71 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on June 5, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement