Geraldine Morgan Thompson (1872-1967)
Women’s Heritage Trail
—Thompson Park, Brookdale Farm —
“Her principal goal in life was to help the lot of the unfortunate through charitable things.”
New Jersey Senator Alfred N. Beadleston (b. 1912-d. 2000)
For more information about Geraldine Thompson and Brookdale Farm please visit the permanent exhibit inside the Thompson Park Visitor Center.
(Inscription below the image on the lower left)
(Inscription in the boxes on the right)
Top box-Thompson Park, the former Brookdale Farm, is on the New Jersey Women’s Heritage Trail because of the pioneering role of Geraldine Thopmson in New Jersey politics and social reform.
Bottom box-The New Jersey Women’s Heritage Trail highlight’s a collection of historic sites located around the state that represent the significant contributions women made to the history of our state. The Heritage Trail brings to life the vital role of women in New Jersey’s past and present.
Erected by New Jersey Historic Trust and Historic Preservation Office.
Marker series. This marker is included in the New Jersey Women’s Heritage Trail marker series.
Location. 40° 19.912′ N, 74° 8.39′ W. Marker is in Lincroft, New Jersey, in Monmouth County. Marker is on Newman Springs Road. Touch for map. The marker is near the parking lot where the path leads to the Visitor Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 805 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft NJ 07738, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. North American Phalanx (approx. 1.2 miles away); Karl Jansky Radio Astronomy Monument (approx. 2.6 miles
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Notable Persons • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 10, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 329 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 10, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.