Jefferson in Marion County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
January 12, 1833 - March 20, 1876
Erected 1963 by The State of Texas. (Marker Number 8103.)
Location. 32° 45.989′ N, 94° 20.853′ W. Marker is in Jefferson, Texas, in Marion County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Douglas Street and North Line Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 607 N. Alley St., Jefferson TX 75657, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John M. Vines (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Texas Artificial Gas Plant (approx. 0.7 miles away); Texas Statesman Charles Allen Culberson (approx. 0.7 miles away); Jefferson Public Library (approx. 0.7 miles away); Marion County Courthouse (approx. 0.7 miles away); Sterne Fountain (approx. 0.7 miles away); Marion County (approx. 0.7 miles away); Murphy Building (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jefferson.
More about this marker.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, Mexican-American • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 216 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 8, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.