Near Port Tobacco in Charles County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected by St. Columba Lodge No. 150 A. F. & A. M, La Plata, Maryland, 1932. Replaced and relocated 1976.
Erected 1932 by the St. Columba Lodge No. 150 A.F & A.M.
Marker series. This marker is included in the George Washington Slept Here marker series.
Location. 38° 30.806′ N, 77° 1.54′ W. Marker is near Port Tobacco, Maryland, in Charles County. Marker is on Maryland Route 6. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Tobacco MD 20677, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. On to Yorktown (approx. 0.3 miles away); a different marker also named Port Tobacco (approx. 0.3 miles away); John Wilkes Booth (approx. 0.3 miles away); St. Columba Masonic Lodge (approx. 0.4 miles away); Rose Hill (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Tobacco.
More about this marker. A. F. & A. M. stands for “Ancient Free and Accepted
Also see . . . A Brief History of Port Tobacco. (Submitted on April 21, 2007.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 21, 2007, by Richard White of La Plata, Maryland. This page has been viewed 4,835 times since then and 83 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on April 21, 2007, by Richard White of La Plata, Maryland. 2. submitted on May 13, 2007, by Roger Dean Meyer of Yankton, South Dakota. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.