Many Czech families, known locally as Bohemians, settled in the late 19th Century in the area of southwest Smith, northeast Rooks and northwest Osborne Counties.
Interest soon developed to establish a Czech fraternal organization to strengthen the . . . — — Map (db m123092) HM
Dedicated to those who fought
for their country in World War 1.
The only monument to "The War to
End All Wars" in Osborne County.
Cornerstone laid July 27, 1922
Opened February 15, 1923. — — Map (db m46615) HM
has been placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Preservation of this property
has been assisted by the
Kansas Heritage Trust Fund
Kansas State . . . — — Map (db m46629) HM
Located two miles west and a mile north of Downs, on level ground between Dry and Twelve Mile Creeks is the site of the 1871 homestead of Henry Ise. In 1873, Henry married seventeen year old Rosa Haag of Holton, Kansas and brought her west to live. . . . — — Map (db m46682) HM
In 1879 the Central Branch of the Union Pacific Railroad designated a site on the homesteads of John Beal, Harriet Delay, and Azariah and Marinda Blunt as their new division point. The town of Downs was named for railroad superintendent Major . . . — — Map (db m46616) HM
On a ranch 18 miles southeast of this marker a bronze plate marks the most important spot on this continent to surveyors and map makers. Engraved in the bronze is a cross-mark and on the tiny point where the lines cross depend the surveys of a . . . — — Map (db m53531) HM
A living memorial to the Veterans of Osborne County who served so valiantly in all wars, that you, who enjoy these facilities in peace, may pause for thought and meditation on the sacrifices they made to insure your right to do so.
Land for park . . . — — Map (db m53544) HM
[Historical excerpts from marker]
Osborne, Established 1871 (Side A)
Architectural Gems Galore
Osborne has two buildings listed on both the National Register of Historic Places. The Classic-styled Carnegie Research . . . — — Map (db m54300) HM