Touch FIRST to browse through the results shown on this page.
Sons and Daughters of Idaho Pioneers Historical Markers
This series consists primarily of large, ''''concrete.'''' Idaho shaped monuments erected by the Sons and Daughters of Idaho Pioneers, but sometimes by other groups, and other markers erected by the Sons and Daughters of Idaho Pioneers.
Built in May, 1864 by G.B. Walker at a cost of $10975. Jointly used by Idaho Territory and Boise Co. Original site was on Buena Vista Bar west of City. Building was moved in 1930 to make way for gold mining, and move twice more before being placed . . . — — Map (db m119105) HM
Oregon Trail Memorial
Caribou County 4H Builders Club
In honor of William Henry Harrison of Massachusetts who lost his life on the Oregon Trail about 1850.
Erected by his niece Mrs. Alura F. . . . — — Map (db m106732) HM
To all pioneers who crossed over Three Island Crossing and helped to win the west. Erected 1931 by Troop One Boy Scouts of America Roslyn, New York Scoutmaster E.K. Pietsch Reproduced 1990 — — Map (db m31679) HM
Erected in memory of the seventeen volunteers who engaged in battle with the Indians 2000 feet East from this point with two killed and three wounded the 5th day of July 1877 during the Nez Perce Indian War. Captain D.B. Randall, C.M. Day, James . . . — — Map (db m121144) HM
Erected to the memory of the
Forty four persons ambushed by Shoshoni Indians either killed or scattered. Most awful human experience. Site ten miles east on Sinker Creek. — — Map (db m110210) HM
Stricker Store and Rock Creek Stage Station. Five miles south, one mile west. First Trading Post to be established west of Fort Hall on the Old Oregon Trail in 1863. — — Map (db m125447) HM
This marker commemorates the Cuddy Mill.
Built by John Cuddy in 1869. Originally six miles north of here, at the foot of Cuddy Mountain. The General Howard Expedition against the Indians on the warpath under Chief Joseph had grain ground . . . — — Map (db m119371) HM