Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Albion, Indiana Historical Markers

 
Noble County Courthouse -and- Marker image, Touch for more information
By Courtesy:: Marilyn S. Wolf, March 24, 2012
Noble County Courthouse -and- Marker
Indiana (Noble County), Albion — Noble County Seat
Albion - Noble County Seat The Center - later named Albion was chosen the Seat of Noble County Indiana by the vote of its citizens in August 1846. Since that time three courthouses have been located on this square. The first which . . . — Map (db m53950) HM
Indiana (Noble County), Albion — 57.1999.1 — Noble County Seat / Noble County Courthouse
Noble County formed by General Assembly 1836, named after James Noble first US Senator from Indiana. County seats Sparta 1836, Augusta, 1837, Port Mitchell 1844. Center later named Albion selected 1846 as county seat in runoff election. Arrival of . . . — Map (db m3387) HM
Indiana (Noble County), Albion — Noble County Veterans Memorial
This tablet has been placed here by the Veterans Organizations of Noble County Indiana, to honor the Veterans of past wars, “Who gave their last full measure of devotion”. May 29, 1988 — Map (db m53949) HM
Indiana (Noble County), Albion — The Stanley Schoolhouse
This schoolhouse represents a commitment to education that began early in the settlement of Indiana.
  • The 1915 Stanley Schoolhouse, named after a nearby landowner Henry Stanley, was one of several schoolhouses built on the site. The first . . . — Map (db m73091) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement