Here along the Oregon-California Stage Road of 1856, a new road east to Linkville, now Kalamath Falls, was built in 1876.
With the arrival of the Central Pacific Railroad in 1887, Jerome B. Ager saw a need for a hotel, general store, saloon and . . . — — Map (db m70224) HM
Dedicated to the memory of the
Pioneers of Little Shasta Valley
who raised this House to the Glory of God.
On March 5, 1876
The Little Shasta Congregational Church
was formed. It was in 1877
that the first subscriptions were
taken for . . . — — Map (db m112622) HM
On January 17, 1887 L.D. Norton, Assistant Engineer for the Southern Pacific Company, began to layout this townsite named in honor of Samuel S. Montague who was Chief Engineer of the Central Pacific Railroad most noted for his skillful engineering . . . — — Map (db m69875) HM
A small settlement started here in the 1880’s with two stores. A post office (established in 1888), saloon, blacksmith shop, slaughter-house, meat market, harness shop, race track, ball park and a few houses. Farther east was a grist mill. The post . . . — — Map (db m69873) HM