Bullionville began early in 1870 when John H. Ely and W.H. Raymond removed their five-stamp mill at Hiko and placed it at this point. The enterprise prospered and during the next two years most of nearby Pioche's mills were located here because of . . . — — Map (db m69474) HM
More than a million years ago, a large freshwater lake covered all of Meadow Valley - the area along U.S. 93 between Caliente and Panaca. Later, uplifting and faulting of the terrain caused the waters to drain, leaving behind a thousand feet of . . . — — Map (db m62077) HM
This steam engine powered a portable sawmill in the Clover Valley Mountains of Lincoln County. Brought to the West in the late 1860s by William and O.P. Sherwood of Pioche, the engine changed hands several times during its half century of operation. . . . — — Map (db m69473) HM
Named by the Union Pacific Masonic Club February 22, 1935. Dedicated by St. John Lodge No. 18 F & A M August 18, 1935.
Named by Mrs. W. S. Godbe 1894. Designated a state park by Gov. Jas G. Scrugham . . . — — Map (db m27287) HM
Southern Nevada’s first permanent settlement and perhaps one of its most unique, was settled as a Mormon colony by Francis C. Lee and others in 1864. Poor in resources but rich in people, Panaca has changed but slowly down through the years. . . . — — Map (db m14340) HM
This building, popularly known as the Panaca Co-op, was constructed of adobe in 1868, by the (Mormon) "Panaca Cooperative Mercantile Institution" comprising more than one hundred stock holders -- to meet barter, merchandising, and marketing needs. . . . — — Map (db m69470) HM
The large and constant flow of sweet, warm water from this spring makes possible the desert oasis of Meadow Valley. First noted by Manley's ill-fated Death Valley Party in 1849, the site was cultivated in 1858 by Brigham Young's White Mountain . . . — — Map (db m69472) HM
These beehive-shaped kilns were built in the mid-1870's to produce charcoal for the silver mills of Pioche and Bullionville, Nevada. Skilled stone masons quarried Rhyolitic tuff from nearby outcrops. The blocks were carefully dressed, then joined . . . — — Map (db m89432) HM
Oldest building in Lincoln County, constructed in 1867-1868 of adobe from the swamps west of town.
Built as a Mormon chapel, used also as a school and recreation hall, it is typical of the development in small Mormon pioneer communities in the . . . — — Map (db m14339) HM