Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Parishville, New York Historical Markers

 
Eastward on NY 72 Towards Intersection image, Touch for more information
By Anton Schwarzmueller, November 8, 2014
Eastward on NY 72 Towards Intersection
New York (St. Lawrence County), Parishville — First Church
On New York State Route 72 at Chapel Hill Road, on the right when traveling east on State Route 72.
FIRST CHURCH in the Town of Parishville was built here in 1828 Moved to Parishville Village 1846 — Map (db m79026) HM
New York (St. Lawrence County), Parishville — Parish Tavern
On Main Street (State Highway 72), on the right when traveling east.
The old Parish Tavern built 1815 by David Parish stood here burned 1875 — Map (db m75707) HM
New York (St. Lawrence County), Parishville — Parishville Powered by the West Branch of the St. Regis River
On Main Street (New York State Route 72) at Catherine Street, on the left when traveling west on Main Street.
David Parish, a wealthy European merchant, purchased a 200,000 acre tract of wilderness here on speculation in 1808. A town would soon be formed here to take advantage of the power of the St. Regis, and eventually given the name of "Parishville." . . . — Map (db m84270) HM
New York (St. Lawrence County), Parishville — Site Of First Bridge
Near Main Street (State Highway 72), on the right when traveling west.
Site of first bridge made by white men in Town of Parishville 1809 — Map (db m75709) HM
New York (St. Lawrence County), Parishville — Site of Log Cabin of Luke Brown
On Route 72 2.5 miles east of West Parishville Road, on the left when traveling east.
Site of log cabin of LUKE BROWN FIRST SETTLER in the Town of Parishville Built 1810 — Map (db m79024) HM
New York (St. Lawrence County), Parishville — This was the First Road in the Town of Parishville
On New York State Route 72 at West Parishville Road, on the right when traveling west on State Route 72.
This was the FIRST ROAD in the Town of Parishville Cut through 1809 Called Luke Brown Road for earliest settler — Map (db m79023) HM
New York (St. Lawrence County), Parishville — West Branch St. Regis River Part of Adirondack Drainage
On Main Street (New York State Route 72) at Catherine Street, on the left when traveling west on Main Street.
The St. Regis River is fed by abundant water cascading from the northern Adirondack mountain slopes and dropping rapidly toward the St. Lawrence River. The clean, cold water, rushing over the rocky streambeds and bedrock outcrops, creates scenic . . . — Map (db m84237) HM

7 markers matched your search criteria.
Paid Advertisement