Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Sunderland, Maryland Historical Markers

 
All Saints Episcopal Church and Marker image, Touch for more information
By Mike Stroud, March 7, 2010
All Saints Episcopal Church and Marker
Maryland (Calvert County), Sunderland — All Saints Episcopal Church
All Saints, one of the original parishes of Maryland, included all the land north of Hunting Creek in Calvert County. The present church was started in 1774 by exchange of tobacco under the rectorship of Reverend Thomas John Clagett, later the first . . . — Map (db m3470) HM
Maryland (Calvert County), Sunderland — Harriet Elizabeth Brown
During the period of racially segregated education, elementary school teacher Brown enlisted the N.A.A.C.P. and attorney Thurgood Marshall to challenge the inequity of separate salary scales for public school teachers based on race. Her case was . . . — Map (db m5573) HM
Maryland (Calvert County), Sunderland — The First All Saints Church
Authorized in 1692 by the Maryland Assembly the first All Saints (log) Church was built near this site "at the cross-roads of the Severn Ridge Path and the road leading to Coxtown" on land donated by early French Huguenot settler Thomas Hilleary . . . — Map (db m3471) HM

3 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
  
 
Paid Advertisement We are suspending Amazon.com advertising until they remove an ad for a certain book from circulation. A word in the book’s title has given rise to number of complaints. The word is inappropriate in school classroom settings.