Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
 
 

Vallonia, Indiana Historical Markers

 
Bartholomew Trail Marker image, Touch for more information
By Duane Hall, May 22, 2014
Bartholomew Trail Marker
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — Bartholomew Trail
On June 11, 1813, Col. Joseph Bartholomew, with Lieut. Col. John Tipton and Maj. David Owens as aides, and 137 mounted men of the Indiana Territorial Militia moved northward along this trail from Vallonia (Jackson county) through Tiptonia (now . . . — Map (db m74073) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — Driftwood Church and Cemetery
Built here was the Driftwood Church, a log meeting house "free and open to all the different denominations of orderly Christians." Joining the Silver Creek Baptist Association in 1819, Driftwood reorganized in 1839 as a Christian Church under the . . . — Map (db m74078) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — 36.1951.1 — Fort Vallonia
Site in town of stockade built in 1812 on old Indian trail for protection of the settlers in this area. Garrisoned by Maj. John Tipton and his militia Rangers in 1813. Marker on the site. — Map (db m74071) HM
Indiana (Jackson County), Vallonia — Site of Fort Vallonia
This Memorial Marks the Site of Fort Vallonia Built in 1810 Erected by The Jackson County Historical Society Aug. 10, 1916 — Map (db m74072) HM

4 markers matched your search criteria.  
  
 
Paid Advertisement