Guadalajara in Municipality of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico — The Pacific Coast (and Central Highlands)
The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace
de Gracia fundado en
1588, tuvo aquí su casa,
templo y huerta a partir
del año de 1590.
Instituto Jalisciense de Antropología e Historia
H. Ayuntamiento 1968-1969 I.N.A.H.
founded here in 1588,
here had its main house, temple and garden starting in 1590.
Jalisco Institute of Anthropology and History
Honorable City Council of 1968-1969 INAH
Erected 1968 by Instituto Jalisciense de Antropología e Historia, Honorable Ayuntamiento 1968-1969.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Man-Made Features • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1588.
Location. 20° 40.648′ N, 103° 20.685′ W. Marker is in Guadalajara, Jalisco, in Municipality of Guadalajara. Marker is on Avenida Miguel Hidalgo y CostillaTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Avenida Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla 190, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44100, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Justice Building (here, next to this marker); House of Pedro Gómez Maraver (a few steps from this marker); The Church of San Miguel (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Saint Mary of Grace (within shouting distance of this marker); The Plaza of Saint Augustine (within shouting distance of this marker); The Degollado Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Saint Augustine (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The First City Councils of Guadalajara (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guadalajara.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 114 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 26, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.