Guanajuato, Mexico — The Central Highlands (North America)
El Puente de Nava
Reedificado en el año 1774
The Nava Bridge
Rebuilt in the year 1774
City Hall 1989-1991
Erected 1989 by Ayuntamiento de Guanajuato.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Bridges & Viaducts • Colonial Era • Man-Made Features • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1774.
Location. 21° 0.865′ N, 101° 15.091′ W. Marker is in Guanajuato. Marker is on Cantarranas just north of Del Campanero, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Cantarranas 59, Guanajuato 36000, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Euquerio Guerrero López (within shouting distance of this marker); The Church of San Francisco (within shouting distance of this marker); The Temple of San Juan Bautista (within shouting distance of this marker); House of Manuel Doblado (within shouting distance of this marker); Miguel Hidalgo and the Owl's Hill Villa de Guanajuato (within shouting distance of this marker); House of Juan Antonio de Riano y Bárcenas (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Ignacio Bartolache (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guanajuato.
Regarding El Puente de Nava. Some sources say that Guanajuato had some 29 bridges at one time in its 18th century history, including this one. As the city has grown and literally risen as buildings are built on top of other, older ruins, many of these bridges are no longer visible.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 5, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 5, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana. This page has been viewed 121 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 5, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Accra, Ghana.