Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Princeton in Caldwell County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
MISSING
SEE LOCATION SECTION
 

Converging of Indian Trails

 
 
Missing Converging of Indian Trails Marker image. Click for full size.
1. Missing Converging of Indian Trails Marker
Inscription.  Saline, Eddy, and Varmint traces met at Big Spring (Princeton) and developed into today's roads. First forged by buffalo, later used by Indians and pioneers. A fork of Saline crossed Ohio River at Cave-in-Rock; another at Golconda, Ill. Eddy Trace also known as Palmyra-Princeton Trail. Varmint Trace ran from Princeton to Cumberland River.
Presented by Caldwell Co., Ky., Bicentennial
Committee and The Ky. Bicentennial Commission.

 
Erected by the Kentucky Historical Society, Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1916.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native AmericansRoads & VehiclesWaterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list.
 
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 37° 6.461′ N, 87° 52.895′ W. Marker was in Princeton, Kentucky, in Caldwell County. Marker was on East Washington
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
Street west of Edwards Avenue, on the left when traveling east. Located in Big Spring Park. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: East Washington Street, Princeton KY 42445, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Trail of Tears (here, next to this marker); Shandy Hall (Princeton) (a few steps from this marker); a different marker also named Shandy Hall (Princeton) (within shouting distance of this marker); William Prince (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); William Prince, 1752-1810 / Founder of Princeton (about 500 feet away); County Named, 1809 (about 500 feet away); Black Patch War (about 500 feet away); Courthouse Burned (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Princeton.
 
Only pole is left (middle of photo). image. Click for full size.
Photographed By © Google Streetview, May 2014
2. Only pole is left (middle of photo).
Later photo now shows pole for marker is missing. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, September 13, 2018
3. Later photo now shows pole for marker is missing.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 15, 2021. It was originally submitted on October 7, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 388 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on October 7, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of marker. • Can you help?

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=124356

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 23, 2024