Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Floresville in Wilson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

The Site of the Mission of Las Cabreras

 
 
The Site of the Mission of las Cabreras Marker image. Click for full size.
By Brian Anderson, April 6, 2019
1. The Site of the Mission of las Cabreras Marker
Inscription.  
A ranch chapel
visited regularly and maintained by
the Franciscan missionaries
of San Antonio
near the ancient settlement of
Las Islitas (now Graytown)
Attended by the Canary Islanders,
their descendants, Mexicans, Natives
and other living in this vicinity
Established in the
middle-eighteenth century

 
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 5428.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial EraHispanic AmericansNative Americans. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
 
Location. 29° 5.698′ N, 98° 10.009′ W. Marker is near Floresville, Texas, in Wilson County. Marker can be reached from County Road 144. Marker is located in the Rancho de Las Cabras unit of the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park. The unit is only open to visitors on certain days of the year and is
The Site of the Mission of las Cabreras Marker image. Click for full size.
By Brian Anderson, April 6, 2019
2. The Site of the Mission of las Cabreras Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
accessed via a private road off of County Road 144. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Floresville TX 78114, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Vicinity of Site: "Mision de las Cabras" (approx. 1.1 miles away); James Charles Wilson (approx. 2.7 miles away); Wilson County (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Flores de Abrego Family and Floresville (approx. 2.7 miles away); Wilson County Courthouse (approx. 2.7 miles away); Captain Will Wright (approx. 2.7 miles away); Wilson County Jail (approx. 2.7 miles away); White House Café and Saloon (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Floresville.
 
Also see . . .  Rancho de las Cabras - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on April 9, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.) 
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 9, 2019. It was originally submitted on April 9, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 120 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=131925

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 22, 2021