St. George's, Saint George, Grenada
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Kirk
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Kirk
Popularly known as the Scots’ Kirk, this structure sits at the end of the Church Street. It was constructed in 1831 with assistance from the Freemasons. Two features for which the church is well known are its bell, which was cast in Glasgow in 1833, and its clock, which is very much an antique. Remembering its heritage, the church, on its 150th anniversary, held a ceremony in honor of the Freemasons.
Sponsored by: Grenada National Trust
Ministry of Tourism
Erected by Grenada National Trust.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Civil Rights • Colonial Era • Man-Made Features.
Location. 12° 3.057′ N, 61° 45.214′ W. Marker is in St. George's, Saint George. Marker is on Grand Etang Road just south of Young Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grenada National Museum (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Antilles Hotel (about 120 meters away); Assassination of Maurice Bishop Sedan Porches (about 240 meters away); Historic Sedan Chair Portico (about 240 meters away); Roman Catholic Cathedral (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Destruction of the Bianca C (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); St. George's Methodist Church (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. George's.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 12, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 11, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 66 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 11, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. 4. submitted on June 12, 2019.