Near Santa Rosa Jáuregui in Municipality of Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico — The Central Highlands
House of the Corregidora
De Paseo por Querétaro
S. XVIII ∙ Inicia su construcción y se llevó con cierta lentitud. El Lic. Martín de la Rocha y Ezpeleta, terminó el recinto a cambio de ser Corregidor Perpetuo.
Se instaló ahí el poder ejecutivo
En 1810, llegó el Lic. Miguel Domínguez y su esposa Doña Josefa Ortíz.
Al ser descubierta la conspiración, Doña Josefa hizo acudir al Alcalde, Ignacio Pérez, al záguan donde estaba encerrada para avisarle al Cápitan Allende sobre las aprehensiones hechas.
House of the Corregidora
18th century ∙ Its construction was begun and was carried out at a slow pace. Martin de la Rocha y Ezpeleta finally finished the building in exchange for being named Perpetual Corregidor.
The executive power was installed there in 1810, upon the arrival of Corregidor Miguel Domínguez and his wife Josefa Ortíz.
When the conspiracy against the Spanish was discovered, Josefa appealed to Mayor Ignacio Pérez through the keyhole of the room where she was imprisoned in order to warn
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Man-Made Features • Wars, Non-US. A significant day of the year for for this entry is March 21.
Location. 20° 43.991′ N, 100° 27.061′ W. Marker is near Santa Rosa Jáuregui, Querétaro, in Municipality of Querétaro. Marker can be reached from Calle Melchor Ocampo just west of Independencia, on the left when traveling west. The marker is part of a series of markers near replicas of historic landmarks of Querétaro. The marker is along the northern shore of the large man-made lake at Parque Bicentenario. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Santa Rosa Jáuregui, Querétaro 76220, Mexico. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Aqueduct of Querétaro (a few steps from this marker); A Group of Revolutionaries (within shouting distance of this marker); Teatro de la República (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of the Santa Cruz (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Santa Rosa de Viterbo (about 120 meters away); The Mission at Tilaco (about 120 meters away); The Mission at Concá (about 150 meters away); Peña de Bernal (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Santa Rosa Jáuregui.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 9, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 28, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 51 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 28, 2019, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.