Pompey in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Indian War Stone
Indians. Used to sharpen
arrows and spears at Indian
Hill until 1666. Moved to
LeMoyne Park, Pompey, 1905.
Erected 1939 by State Education Department.
Location. 42° 54.036′ N, 76° 0.792′ W. Marker is in Pompey, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is at the intersection of Academy Street and Henneberry Road (New York State Route 182), on the right when traveling east on Academy Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pompey NY 13138, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Roman Catholic Mission Church (a few steps from this marker); Baptist Church (a few steps from this marker); Pompey Academy (within shouting distance of this marker); Disciples Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Congregational Church (about 700 feet away); First School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Horatio Seymour (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oldest Frame House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pompey.
Categories. Colonial Era • Native Americans • Wars, US Indian •
More. Search the internet for Indian War Stone.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2020. This page originally submitted on December 29, 2019, by Mollie of Syracuse, New York. This page has been viewed 18 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 29, 2019, by Mollie of Syracuse, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.