Marion Township in Berks County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
as a small child held
Indian captive 1755-1763
Identified by her mother's
singing the hymn
"Allein, und doch nicht
The Indian Captive
Erected 1958 by Berks County Cemetery Association, Berks County Chapter D.A.R., and Wayne R.. Potteiger Memorials.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 40° 22.928′ N, 76° 14.829′ W. Marker is in Marion Township, Pennsylvania, in Berks County. Marker is in the Christ Lutheran Church Cemetery, about 0.1 miles SSE of the intersection of Benjamin Franklin Parkway (U.S. 422) and Hickory Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 27 Longs Church Lane, Womelsdorf PA 19567, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Livingood (Löwengut) Family (a few steps from this marker); John A. Shulze (about 600 feet away, measured in a Caspar Wistar (approx. 0.9 miles away); Marion Township Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); Tulpehocken Evangelical and Reformed Church (approx. one mile away); Fort Zeller (approx. 2.9 miles away); Charming Forge (approx. 3.7 miles away); Conrad Weiser (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marion Township.
Also see . . .
1. Story of Regina Leininger. (Submitted on December 7, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Regina Hartman, Indian Captive. (Submitted on December 7, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 7, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 3,458 times since then and 30 times this year. Last updated on October 8, 2020, by Carl Gordon Moore Jr. of North East, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 7, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.