Grand Lake St. Marys Points Of Interest
1. Historic downtown Celina is on the National Registry of Historic Places, It contains a rich and varied collection of architectural styles from the late 19th to early 20th centuries. Included are the Courthouse and City Hall and many two story commercial buildings.
2. Celina's Lakeside North Shore Park, Mercelina Park and Pullman Bay Park, along with Lakeshore Drive, provide shoreline accommodating lake within the City. They contain shelters, restrooms, picnic areas, a boat basin, and playgrounds, along with the lakeside facilities you see around you.
3. Celina's Rotary Lighthouse was built to acknowledge Celina's close connection to the lake. It has become a symbol of the Celina lakeside community.
4. Several of Celina's waterfront business and fraternal lodges have boat docks to facilitate the boaters who use this lake. All of the downtowm commercial businesses and eating establishments are within easy walking distance of the public courtesy docks.
5. Mercer County 4-H Camp park grounds west of Harbor Point Drive have lake shoreline available for public access. There is a boat swimming beach off its
6. Harbor Point State park land has additional lakeshore access west of the commercial marina on Harbor Point Drive. There is a shelter and small parking lot.
7. The YMCA is located south of SR. 703.
8. Wright State University Lake Campus has a swimming beach and small boat basin. Plans call for future development along its west shoreline area.
9. Northwood Lighthouse was built in 1925, as part of a private subdivision development. It is a replica of the Eddystone Lighthouse at Lands End in England. It is on private property but can be seen from a boat.
10. Northmoor Golf Course is a public 18 hole course on the lake shore.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Parks & Recreational Areas • Roads & Vehicles • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Lighthouses series list.
Location. 40° 32.652′ N, 84° 34.253′ W. Marker is in Celina, Ohio, in Mercer County. Marker is on South Main Street (U.S. 127) 0.1 miles south of Lake Shore Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Celina OH 45822, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Celina City Hall (here, next to this marker); Mercer County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Prehistoric Indians / Historic Indians
Credits. This page was last revised on February 11, 2021. It was originally submitted on February 9, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. This page has been viewed 23 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 9, 2021, by TeamOHE of Wauseon, Ohio. • Devry Becker Jones was the editor who published this page.