Near Winder in Barrow County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1977 by Winder Lions Club & Auxiliary.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Government & Politics • Parks & Recreational Areas • Women. A significant historical date for this entry is June 24, 1939.
Location. 33° 58.668′ N, 83° 42.24′ W. Marker is near Winder, Georgia, in Barrow County. Marker is on Atlanta Highway SE (U.S. 29) 0 miles east of Russell Cemetery Road, on the right when travelingTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 461 Atlanta Highway SE, Winder GA 30680, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Glenwood Elementary and High School (approx. one mile away); Barrow County (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Stoneman Raid Battle of King's Tanyard (approx. 1.4 miles away); Builder of the Nation (approx. 1.4 miles away); Concord Methodist Cemetery (approx. 1.6 miles away); Winder's Most Historical Site (approx. 1.7 miles away); Fort Yargo (approx. 1.8 miles away); Bethlehem United Methodist Church (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Winder.
Also see . . . Richard B. Russell Jr. (1897-1971). A much more detailed biography, from the New Georgia Encyclopedia (Submitted on March 28, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 23, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 4,050 times since then and 164 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 23, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.