Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Welcome to Historic St. Johnís Church
Holy Eucharist is celebrated every Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Visitors are always welcome to attend. Private church services, such as weddings and funerals, are closed to the public.
Guided tours of the church are offered Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Tour information, an interpretive exhibition, and a gift shop are located in the Visitor Center, the brick building to the right of the church. Tours are not conducted during worship services or other sacred functions.
Please do not sit or lean of fragile gravestones. Rubbings may be taken only with prior permission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial EraNotable Buildings • Notable Events • Patriots & Patriotism. A significant historical date for this entry is March 23, 1775.
Location. 37° 31.91′ N, 77° 25.18′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Broad Street and North 24th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2401 East Broad Street, Richmond VA 23223, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Johnís Church (a few steps from this marker); Saint Johnís Episcopal Church (a few steps from this marker); British Invasion of Richmond, January 1781 (within shouting distance of this marker); George Wythe (within shouting distance of this marker); World War II Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Burton-Farrar House (about 300 feet away); 2307 E. Broad Street (about 300 feet away); Ann Carrington House (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Also see . . . St. Johnís Church. (Submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 830 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. 7. submitted on May 10, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.