Sudbury in Middlesex County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Notable Events. In addition, it is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers series list. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1681.
Location. 42° 21.734′ N, 71° 24.972′ W. Marker is in Sudbury, Massachusetts, in Middlesex County. Marker is at the intersection of Boston Post Road (U.S. 20) and Concord Road, on the right when traveling west on Boston Post Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sudbury MA 01776, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hop Brook Mill (within shouting distance of this marker); The Goodnow Garrison House (approx. one mile away); Sudbury (approx. 1.2 miles away); Garden in the Woods Haynes Garrison House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Knox Trail (approx. 1.9 miles away); First Town Center (approx. 2˝ miles away); Washington at the Wayside Inn (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sudbury.
Also see . . . Sudbury Historical Society. The Sudbury Historical Society is dedicated to bringing the rich history of the Sudbury Plantation into the lives and activities of the people of Sudbury. We collect, preserve and and communicate the history of Sudbury, Massachusetts. Founded in 1956, and incorporating the earlier Goodman Society, the Society maintains its offices and collections on the second floor of Sudbury Town Hall. (Submitted on September 10, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 11, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 1,292 times since then and 179 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photos: 1. submitted on August 6, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. 2. submitted on November 11, 2020, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.