Near Ludowici in Long County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Barrington Road
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 091-4.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 31° 39.992′ N, 81° 41.895′ W. Marker was near Ludowici, Georgia, in Long County Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Ludowici GA 31316, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Long County (approx. 3.8 miles away); Long County Timeline Mural (approx. 4.1 miles away); Historic Roads And Indian Trails (approx. 5.6 miles away); The Defense of the Altamaha Bridge (approx. 7 miles away); Franklinia Altamaha (approx. 7 miles away); Walthourville Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.6 miles away); Walthourville Baptist Church (approx. 7.9 miles away); Doctortown (approx. 8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ludowici.
More about this marker. The marker was (observed) standing in 1996.
The text for the missing marker was taken from “Georgia Historical Markers” (Bay Tree Grove, Second Edition 1978) compiled by Carroll P. Scruggs from the records of the Georgia Historical Commission.
Regarding Old Barrington Road. Highway 99, referenced on the marker, has been renumbered to Georgia Highway 57.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 9, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 437 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 9, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.