Charles City in Charles City County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Original section constructed ca. 1770-1790, shed roof addition added ca. 1840.
Land referred to as Kenwon, mentioned in a 1618 grant to Gov. George Yeardley. Patented in 1632 by Lennon Pierce. Occupied by Union Army in June 1864.
Location. 37° 18.348′ N, 77° 2.898′ W. Marker is in Charles City, Virginia, in Charles City County. Marker is on Weyanoke Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12104 Weyanoke Road, Charles City VA 23030, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wryanoke & Parrish Hill (approx. 2.1 miles away); North Bend (approx. 2.1 miles away); Upper Weyanoke (approx. 2.1 miles away); Kittiewan and Doctor Rickman (approx. 2.1 miles away); President Tyler's Home (approx. 2.7 miles away); New Hope & Court House (approx. 2.8 miles away); Three Courthouse Essentials Shifting Ground (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Charles City.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • War, US Civil •
More. Search the internet for Kittiewan Plantation.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 19, 2012, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 323 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 19, 2012, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.