Jefferson in Marion County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
January 12, 1833 - March 20, 1876
Erected 1963 by The State of Texas. (Marker Number 8103.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, Mexican-American • War, US Civil.
Location. 32° 45.989′ N, 94° 20.853′ W. Marker is in Jefferson, Texas, in Marion County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Douglas Street and North Line Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 607 N Alley St, Jefferson TX 75657, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John M. Vines (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Civil War Meat Packing Plant (approx. 0.3 miles away); Torrans-Clopton-Spellings House (approx. 0.4 miles away); The George T. Todd HouseSite of Home of Captain George T. Todd (approx. half a mile away); The Beard House (approx. 0.6 miles away); William Clark Residence (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Brooks House (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jefferson.
More about this marker. This pink granite marker is Richard Waterhouse's headstone in Oakwood Cemetery.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 8, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 344 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 8, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.