Clarksville in Johnson County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Clarksville in the Civil War / Depredations
Erected 2015 by Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission, Johnson County Historical Society, Johnson County, Arkansas Natural and Cultural Resources Council. (Marker Number 103.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Events • War, US Civil • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Commission series list. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1864.
Location. 35° 28.263′ N, 93° 27.908′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, Arkansas, in Johnson County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 64) and South Fulton Street, on the right when traveling east on West Main Street. Located on the lawn of the Johnson County Courthouse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 215 West Main Street, Clarksville AR 72830, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 18 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Johnson County First Anthracite Coal (here, next to this marker); Lone Pine School Bell (a few steps from this marker); Missouri-Pacific Depot - Clarksville (approx. 0.2 miles away); B.D. Pennington House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Clarksville Confederate MonumentHarmony Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.7 miles away); Stinnets Station (approx. 17.2 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on February 25, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 3, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 797 times since then and 148 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 3, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.