Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Guadalajara in Municipality of Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico — The Pacific Coast (and Central Highlands)
 

The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace

 
 
The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
1. The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace Marker
Inscription.  
El Convento de Sta. Maria
de Gracia
fundado en
1588, tuvo aquí su casa,
templo y huerta a partir
del año de 1590.

Instituto Jalisciense de Antropología e Historia
H. Ayuntamiento 1968-1969 I.N.A.H.


English translation:
The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace
founded here in 1588,
here had its main house, temple and garden starting in 1590.

Jalisco Institute of Anthropology and History
Honorable City Council of 1968-1969 INAH

 
Erected 1968 by Instituto Jalisciense de Antropología e Historia, Honorable Ayuntamiento 1968-1969.
 
Location. 20° 40.648′ N, 103° 20.685′ W. Marker is in Guadalajara, Jalisco, in Municipality of Guadalajara. Marker is on Avenida Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla just east of Calle Belén, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Avenida Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla 190, Guadalajara, Jalisco 44100, Mexico.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within
An additional marker on the Ex-Convent of Saint Mary of Grace image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
2. An additional marker on the Ex-Convent of Saint Mary of Grace
Propiedad del Gobierno del Estado

English translation:
Property of the State Government
walking distance of this marker. The Justice Building (here, next to this marker); House of Pedro Gómez Maraver (a few steps from this marker); The Church of San Miguel (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Saint Mary of Grace (within shouting distance of this marker); The Plaza of Saint Augustine (within shouting distance of this marker); The Degollado Theater (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple of Saint Augustine (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); The First City Councils of Guadalajara (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guadalajara.
 
Categories. Churches & ReligionColonial EraMan-Made FeaturesPoliticsWomen
 
An additional marker on the Ex-Convent of Saint Mary of Grace image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
3. An additional marker on the Ex-Convent of Saint Mary of Grace

Este edificio fue recinto oficial
del “Liceo de Niñas”, (1904-1912).
Normal para Mujeres y Normal Mixto
(1926-1937)
Hoy Benemérito y Centenario
Escuela Normal de Jalisco
Guadalajara, 02 de Nov. 92
N

English translation:
This building was the offical site of the
“Girls’ Lyceum”, (1904-1912).
Teaching School for Women and Mixed Teaching School
(1926-1937)
Today the Most Worthy and Centenary
Teaching College of Jalisco
Guadalajara, November 2, 1992
N

The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace Marker image. Click for full size.
By J. Makali Bruton, April 6, 2018
4. The Convent of Saint Mary of Grace Marker
The marker is to the left of the main entrance to the current Judicial Headquarters (Palacio de Justicia). The additional markers can also be seen in this view.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 26, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 26, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 72 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 26, 2018, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.
Paid Advertisement