Near Flowery Branch in Hall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Federal Road
This highway was the first vehicular and emigrant route of northwest Georgia.
Andrew Jackson passed here in 1818 during the Seminole War.
Erected 2000 by Georgia Department of Natural Resources. (Marker Number 069-3.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 11.803′ N, 83° 54.749′ W. Marker is near Flowery Branch, Georgia, in Hall County. Marker is at the intersection of Atlanta Highway (Georgia Route 13) and Radford Road on Atlanta Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Flowery Branch GA 30542, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gen. Andrew Jackson (approx. 1.1 miles away); Jackson at Young's Tavern The Flowery Branch Depot (approx. 1.1 miles away); Historic Redwine (approx. 3.7 miles away); Two Georgia Governors (approx. 7.8 miles away); James Longstreet (approx. 8 miles away); The Historic Piedmont Hotel (approx. 8.3 miles away); Jesse Jewell (approx. 8.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Flowery Branch.
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,042 times since then and 42 times this year. Last updated on November 21, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 29, 2009, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 21, 2009, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.