Toledo in Lucas County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Great Trail
Marks the Path
Made previous to the
French and Indian War
By the Indians
Who called it
THE GREAT TRAIL
It extended from Detroit to
Pittsburg and was used by the
French and British and by
General Harrison in 1812.
It was regarded as the most important
Early Route of the Central West.
Erected 1913 by Ursula Wolcott Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 41.136′ N, 83° 33.395′ W. Marker is in Toledo, Ohio, in Lucas County. Marker is at the intersection of North Detroit Avenue and Cherry Street, on the right when traveling north on North Detroit Avenue. This historical marker is located on a traffic island (next to what looks to be an old well) at the intersection where Cherry Street ends at Detroit Avenue, which continues on it's journey north to Detroit, Michigan. Detroit Avenue was built Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Toledo OH 43608, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Peter Navarre (approx. 0.6 miles away); Historic Woodlawn Cemetery (approx. 1.3 miles away); First Congregational Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); First Chartered Girl Scout Council in the United States (approx. 1.8 miles away); Toledo Museum of Art (approx. 1.8 miles away); Private Mark Wood (approx. 1.9 miles away); George Duncan Forsyth (approx. 1.9 miles away); Toledo’s Canals (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Toledo.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Military • Native Americans • War of 1812 • War, French and Indian •
More. Search the internet for The Great Trail.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 6, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 1,379 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 6, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.