Martins Ferry in Belmont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
whose heroic deed
saved Fort Henry in 1782
Erected May 30, 1928
Erected 1928 by the School Children of Martins Ferry, Ohio.
Location. 40° 5.987′ N, 80° 43.168′ W. Marker is in Martins Ferry, Ohio, in Belmont County. Marker is on 4th Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Monument is at the end of the street, about 150 feet NE of Ellet Street, adjacent to a parking lot for East Ohio Regional Hospital. Marker is in this post office area: Martins Ferry OH 43935, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Walnut Grove Cemetery (here, next to this marker); Martins Ferry Pioneers (here, next to this marker); William Dean Howells / James Arlington Wright (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wheeling Hospital (approx. 1.2 miles away in West Virginia); McColloch’s Leap (approx. 1.4 miles away in West Virginia); The Mingo Gibson-Linn (approx. 1.7 miles away in West Virginia); List House (approx. 1.9 miles away in West Virginia). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Martins Ferry.
Also see . . .
1. History of Martins Ferry, Ohio. (Submitted on March 9, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Betty Zane. (Submitted on March 9, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Forts, Castles • Heroes • Native Americans • Notable Events • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 9, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,594 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on March 9, 2010, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.