Washington in Wilkes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dr Fielding Ficklen plantation
house moved here by oxcart
from Ficklen, joined to existing
house, portico added.
Mrs Jefferson Davis &
children spent days here
on flight south before last
CSA Cabinet meeting at courthouse
Erected by Washington-Wilkes Historical Foundation.
Location. 33° 44.05′ N, 82° 44.183′ W. Marker is in Washington, Georgia, in Wilkes County. Marker is on South Alexander Street 0 miles south of Water Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 S. Alexander Street, Washington GA 30673, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Holly Court (within shouting distance of this marker); 1893 Victorian (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Manse (within shouting distance of this marker); Norris House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Campbell Home (about 600 feet away); Mary Willis Library Washington Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Home of Sarah Hillhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Washington.
Also see . . . Holly Court. The home, now operated as a bed and breakfast. (Submitted on July 16, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 520 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 12, 2010, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.